Saturday, April 14, 2007

Westlife, Mark Feehily has come out!

Westlife star Mark Feehily yesterday revealed his joy after going
public on his sexuality
The pop pin-up, who has enjoyed a record breaking 12 number one hits
with Westlife, said: "I've never been happier than I am this
weekend."
As Mark broke the news that he's gay, the 25-year old Sligo man
looked like a guy who didn't have a care in the world. He was on top
form as he hung out in London with his boyfriend Kevin McDaid (21).
Mark and McDaid, who is a member of british boyband V, have been an
item since January after meeting in Dublins celebrity haunt Lillies
Bordello following the Childline concert in The Point.

Oblivious:
Feehily was in the UK on friday with his Westlife cohorts Shane
Filan, Kian Egan and Nicky Byrne when the news broke.
He seemed oblivious to the fuss his revelation had caused in the
media. It was business as usual for Feehily as he worked on a photo
shoot with this Westlife pals for their next album, which is due out
in a couple of months.
But behind this week's public statement of his sexuality there have
been some dark moments for the pop singer.
Like most young gay people, Mark has battled through the personal
turmoil of coming to terms with the fact that he's gay.
He has had to face the difficult task of informing his parents,
family and friends of his sexual persuasion.
As a pop star, Mark has also had the extra burden of knowing that
his private life would one day be splashed across the media.
Regarded as one of the nicest guys in the entertainment world today,
Mark has shown through true courage by going public in a dignified
manner this week.
As he reflected on his revelation, Mark said: "To be honest, I've
been blessed with the people I have in my life, my family and
friends. They have been incredibly supportive. I accepted who I am a
long time ago. And I'm lucky, that I have the most amazing loving
parents. There were fantastic when I told them a few years ago."
"My mother and father are truly wonderful people. I feel so lucky to
have such love and support."
"From the moment I told them I got love and total acceptance from my
parents. They gave me a big hug and told me that it didn't matter."

Pressure
"Their only concern was that I might be living under enormous
pressure trying to keep my private life private. Like all parents,
they worry about their children."
"But having my family's acceptance and love, as well as my friends,
obviously meant everything to me. Thats all that really matters to
me."
Although he has kept his sexuality under wraps until this week, Mark
insists that he has tried to lead a normal life and has been open
and honest with the people around him.
"Even though my work involves a lot of public stuff, publicity and
interviews, I'm a very private person by nature", Mark says.
"I don't want to open up and discuss private stuff. Some people in
the business haven no problem letting the whole world see everything
in their lives and that's fine for them."
"Personally, I like to keep my personal life and family life to
myself. I realise that because I'm in the public eye there's going
to be a lot of interest in my new realationship."
"All I'll say is that I'm very happy that I'm in a relationship with
a good person. Kevin is great fun and great company. My happiness is
complete now.'
And Mark added that he's thrilled with the support he has received
from Westlife fans. "My record company tells me that all the e-mails
from fans have been totally supportive and I really appreciate
that", he said.--Retrieved from Westlife Castle

Source

No comments: